2020 Chevrolet Colorado Towing Capacity
For most Deptford-area drivers, the 2020 Chevy Colorado towing capacity will be more than sufficient for weekend adventures and daily workloads alike. In its baseline configuration, without any add-ons, the Colorado can already tow up to 3,500 pounds. Upgrade with the Duramax® turbodiesel to reach the maximum of 7,700.
Learn more about the Chevy Colorado towing and performance specs and take a closer look at the other configurations before you get behind the wheel at Chevrolet Of Turnersville.
Chevy Colorado Towing Capacity by Configuration
The Chevy Colorado towing capacity varies, by a significant margin, from trim to trim. So, it’s important to make your selection carefully:
- With the 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder engine that comes standard. You can always tow up to 3,500 pounds, regardless of whether or not you add other packages.
- The available 3.6-Liter V6 delivers the same 3,500-pound maximum unless you choose to upgrade with the towing package. In that event, your towing capacity will double to 7,000 pounds.
- The real star of this show is the Duramax® 2.8-Liter Turbo-Diesel, which can tow up to 7,700 pounds with 4×2, or 7,600 pounds with 4×4.
- If you’re looking for a model that’s perfectly-suited to off-road performance, choose the luxurious Colorado ZR2. Its towing capacity is topped at 5,000 pounds, which is still more than enough for a lot of outdoor gear.
Think you might need more power? Check out the Chevy Silverado towing capacity. Also considering an SUV? The Traverse tow rating is sufficient for many common tasks.
Chevy Colorado Engine Specs
Of course, towing capacity isn’t the only thing you’ll want to consider when you select your engine. Here’s how your three options measure up:
- The 2.5-Liter 4-Cylinder provides 200 hp and 191 lb-ft of torque, and offers up to 26 mpg highway.
- The 3.6-Liter V6 provides 308 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy remains fairly steady at 25 mpg highway.
- The Duramax® 2.8-Liter Turbo-Diesel provides 181 hp and an impressive 369 lb-ft of torque. Even with that much power, you’ll enjoy up to 30 mpg highway.
Find Your New Chevy Colorado with Chevrolet Of Turnersville
Don’t wait for the perfect midsize pickup to fall into your lap. If you’re anywhere near Voorhees or Cherry Hill, just stop into our dealership and find your new Colorado today! Looking for the latest specs? There aren’t many changes for the new year, but you still might want to check out the 2021 Chevy Colorado towing capacity before you move forward.