2020 Chevrolet Silverado Towing Capacity
How much can the new Chevy Silverado 1500 tow? More than ever, as it turns out, and more than both of its key rivals! For 2020, the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity tops out at 13,400 pounds. Additionally, you’ll be able to handle a maximum payload of up to 2,543 pounds! With a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, a series of powerful engines, and a great set of advanced towing features, you’ll have what it takes to tackle any challenge.
Find out what the new Silverado can do to improve your Deptford and Voorhees drives by reading on! Then, take a test drive you’ll never forget at Chevrolet of Turnersville.
Why Should You Choose The Chevrolet Silverado 1500?
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity makes it a great choice for any hard-working driver in Deptford or Cherry Hill, but power isn’t the only reason that this model excels over rivals. Here’s what you should keep in mind:
- The Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity comes in at 13,400 pounds when properly equipped. That means it can tow more than a 2020 Ford F-150, which tops out at 13,200 pounds. It has an even bigger advantage over the 2020 RAM 1500, which can tow up to 12,750 pounds.
- The 2020 Silverado is offered in eight different trim levels, while the Ford F-150 is only offered in seven. That means it’s easier to find a model with all the features you desire, without paying for features that you won’t use.
- The RAM 1500 doesn’t offer any complimentary maintenance coverage. If you purchase a new Chevrolet Silverado 1500, your scheduled visits for the first 12,000 miles, or the first year of ownership, will be covered.
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity By Engine
Although the 2020 Chevy Silverado comes with loads of next-generation features, a powerful engine is still at the core of this pickup truck’s impressive capabilities. For this year, five compelling options are available:
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque
- With the base engine, tow up to 7,000 pounds.
4.3L V6 Engine
- 285 hp and 305 lb-ft of torque
- Best-in-Class Torque for V6 Light-Duty Trucks.
- With the V6, tow up to 7,900 pounds.
5.3L V8 Engine
- 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque
- Opt for this V8 to tow up to 11,600 pounds.
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
- This larger V8 delivers the maximum capacity of 13,400 pounds when paired with the RST trim.
3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel
- 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque
- With the Silverado Diesel, you’ll be able to tow up to 9,400 pounds.
Looking for even more technologies? Check out the Silverado Multi-Flex tailgate, arriving in 2021. Compare the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 price points or take a closer look at the Chevy Silverado 1500 interior, and find the model that’s right for you today!
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Features
Your Chevrolet Silverado engine will let you tackle any challenge, but when the going gets tough, your Chevrolet Silverado towing features are there to pick up the slack! Here’s what you should look out for on the new model:
- Transparent Trailer – 15 different camera views, and an additional tailgate-mounted camera provide a complete visual representation of the area behind your trailer, so you can manage your heaviest loads with confidence. This technology was previously available on the Silverado HD, but is being offered on the Silverado 1500 for the first time.
Experience The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Performance Today!
Once you’ve experienced the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity, you won’t be able to settle for any other pickup truck on the market. Although we can’t hook up a trailer on your test drive, we can bring you in and teach you everything you need to know about this model’s performance specs and features.
Ready to schedule a visit you’ll never forget? Check out our new Chevrolet inventory and get behind the wheel today.