2020 Chevy Traverse Gas Mileage
The Chevy Traverse mpg ratings reach up to 18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, according to EPA estimates. This means that if you’re searching for an SUV that can power your family’s daily errands and adventures through Voorhees and Cherry Hill, you’re sure to appreciate the 2020 Chevy Traverse gas mileage. Don’t just take our word for it though! This model also offers plenty of power and an impressive towing capacity. What’s more, when compared to other three-row SUVs with room for eight passengers, it easily stands out! That’s because this three-row SUV is as well-rounded as they come.
Chevy Traverse MPG: FWD Vs. AWD
Front-wheel drive is standard across the entire lineup, and all-wheel drive becomes available starting on the LS trim–just one step up from the base model. Compare the Chevy Traverse fuel economy numbers for each drivetrain, here:
2020 Chevy Traverse MPG with FWD
- EPA-estimated 18 mpg city
- EPA-estimated 27 mpg highway
2020 Chevy Traverse MPG with AWD
- EPA-estimated 17 mpg city
- EPA-estimated 25 mpg highway
The Traverse mpg estimates only diminish slightly if you opt for all-wheel drive, making it a smart choice for Deptford-area drivers who need to brave the winter roads from time to time.
How Does The Chevy Traverse MPG Compare?
The Chevrolet Traverse gas mileage makes it a very strong option in a segment where buyers tend to compare every last detail. Its unique balance of power and efficiency helps the Traverse to stand out, even against some more expensive rivals. Here’s how the Chevy Traverse mpg lines up against three popular alternatives:
- The Ford Expedition also offers seating for up to 8, but it only offers up to 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway.
- Opt for a Nissan Armada, and you’ll be spending even more on fuel. This 8-passenger SUV offers 14 mpg city and 19 mpg highway.
- While the Chevy Tahoe wins out against a rival, a driver who compares it to the Chevy Traverse mpg will note that the Tahoe is the less efficient option of the two.
All this is to say, the Chevy Traverse offers impressive fuel economy for an 8-passenger SUV, and that makes it an ideal choice for families who spend a lot of time driving through Cherry Hill and Deptford.
2020 Chevy Traverse Engine Specs
You don’t have to compromise on performance in order to enjoy the Chevy Traverse fuel economy. That’s because every model in the 2020 lineup includes a potent powertrain. No matter which model you choose, you’ll enjoy:
- A 3.6-liter V6 engine
- A 9-speed automatic transmission
- A 310 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque
- A maximum towing capacity of 5,000 pounds
All this is to say that the Chevy Traverse gas mileage is just one part of a balanced and capable whole! You’ll never want for anything behind the wheel.
2020 Chevy Traverse Fuel Efficiency Features
When you get to drive with the whole family in tow, it only makes sense to choose an efficient SUV with a large fuel tank and tons of fuel-saving features! After all, who doesn’t want to minimize the number of pit stops that they have to make?
Here’s what sets the Chevy Traverse apart:
- The standard 9-speed automatic transmission optimizes performance by selecting the ideal gear ratio for each scenario.
- Intelligent Start/Stop technology is standard across the lineup. By shutting the engine off when you’re halted in traffic, it reduces fuel consumption and minimizes unnecessary engine wear.
- Traction Mode Select makes it easy to select the ideal performance mode in response to changing road conditions.
- The Traverse SUV’s 19.4-gallon fuel tank ensures that you spend more time enjoying the road, and less time at the pump.
If you’re interested in Chevy SUVs, you might also want to explore the Chevy Trax interior in detail.
Test Drive The Traverse At Chevrolet Of Turnersville
You’ve seen why more and more efficiency-conscious drivers are considering the three-row Chevy Traverse, but we’ve only just scratched the surface of what sets this model apart! Check out our new Traverse inventory and schedule a test drive today. You’ll find even more to love once you’ve gotten behind the wheel.