2021 Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity
The 2021 Chevy Tahoe towing capacity tops out at 8,400 pounds, although the precise capabilities of your model will vary depending on the engine and the drivetrain that you select. To reach the maximum, you’ll need to opt for the 5.3-liter V8 engine, rear-wheel drive, and the Max Trailering Package.
Before you choose a Tahoe for your Sicklerville and Sewell adventures, explore our comprehensive guide to find a model with the capabilities you need.
Which Chevy Tahoe Towing Capacity is Right for You?
All Chevy Tahoe configurations come equipped with A trailering hitch platform, a 2-inch trailering receiver, a 7-wire electrical harness, and a 7-pin connector for integrating your trailer’s lights & brakes. Even without the Max Trailering Package, the Chevy Tahoe is more than capable of pulling heavy cargo. Here’s how things pan out across the lineup:
- Tahoe with 5.3L V8: 7,900 pounds (RWD), 7,700 pounds (4WD)
- Tahoe with 3.0L Duramax® Diesel: 8,200 pounds (RWD), 8,000 pounds (4WD)
- Tahoe with 6.2L V8: 7,800 pounds (RWD), 7,600 pounds (4WD)
In need of a little more power? Although the maximum capacities of the Duramax®-equipped Tahoe won’t change, the Max Trailering Package adds 500 pounds to the total capacity of the other models:
- Tahoe with 5.3L V8 & Max Trailering Package: 8,400 pounds (RWD), 8,200 pounds (4WD)
- Tahoe with 3.0L Duramax® & Max Trailering Package: 8,200 pounds (RWD), 8,000 pounds (4WD)
- Tahoe with 6.2L V8 & Max Trailering Package: 8,300 pounds (RWD), 8,100 pounds (4WD)
With the Max Trailering Package, you won’t just benefit from increased capacities. You’ll also receive an Integrated trailer brake controller, Hitch Guidance with Hitch View technologies, an Advanced Trailering System, and an Enhanced cooling radiator.
Chevy Tahoe Engine Performance
The Chevy Tahoe towing capacity is just one part of any winning equation. Check out the most important specs for each engine option in the lineup:
5.3L V8 Engine (Available on all models except High Country)
- 355 hp, 383 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 18 mpg in combined city/highway settings
3.0L Duramax® Diesel (Available on all models)
- 277 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 26 mpg in combined city/highway settings
6.2L V8 Engine (Available on High Country)
- 420 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque
- Up to 16 mpg in combined city/highway settings
Chevy Tahoe Payload Capacities
You won’t always have to hook up a trailer when you’re ready to move large and bulky cargo. After all, the Tahoe offers massive quantities of cargo space and a payload capacity of up to 1,834 pounds. Fold down the rear seats, and you can easily transport just about anything you need to move. Your exact weight capacities will vary depending on configuration, so be sure to review your owner’s manual carefully.