Homelink is a wireless control system built into your Chevy car, truck, or SUV, and it allows you to conveniently:
- Activate/deactivate your home security system
- Open and close your garage door or automatic gate
- Turn on and off your home’s interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other in-home electronics
Explore the benefits of Homelink, and see how easy it is for Washington Township-area drivers to program the system.
The Benefits of Homelink
Philadelphia- and Mount Laurel-area drivers who have a Homelink equipped Chevrolet Malibu, Silverado, Traverse, or other Chevy vehicle, will have a lot of benefits to enjoy, including:
- Battery-Free: Since Homelink is powered by the electrical system in your Chevy you’ll never have to worry about changing batteries.
- Compatibility: Homelink is compatible with just about all garage door openers and gate systems, as well as a wide range of other radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Control Up to Three Devices: The Homelink system allows you to control up to three devices.
- Easy of Use: Connecting your vehicle to your home is simply a matter of pressing a few buttons.
- Safety & Security: With most compatible garage door openers, the system will be able to let you know if your garage door has been left open or closed. Homelink apps also allow you to have remote control over other in-home devices, such as the lights and security system, providing you with an extra level of peace-of-mind when you’re on the road.
How Do I Program Homelink?
Chevy owners will find programming Homelink quick and easy! Follow these steps to connect your garage door opener to your car:
- The Homelink unit features three buttons located on the ceiling of the car above the center console. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the interior lights of your car begin to flash. This takes about 20 seconds. Note that pressing the first and third buttons is the master reset, you do not need to do this when subsequently adding other devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you wish to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights will go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for at least two seconds. You may see the lights on your garage door opener flash, which means it’s connecting.
Learn More About Homelink at Chevrolet of Turnersville
Do you need more help programming your Homelink or Chevy MyLink system? Our certified service techs at Chevrolet of Turnersville will walk you through it. Have questions? Contact us online today!