How To Program A Chevy Garage Door Opener
Chevy HomeLink connects with your home’s garage, security system, and exterior lights, and you need to know how to program the Chevy garage door opener if you want to make the most of this easy-to-use feature. We’ve covered everything you need to know below, so you can enjoy a more seamless experience when you leave or return to your home in Deptford or Voorhees.
Programming Your Homelink Garage Door Opener the First Time
- Place a fresh battery in the remote control transmitter that you normally use to open your garage. Then park the vehicle and face the garage door.
- Your HomeLink buttons should be on your rearview mirror, your visor, or your overhead console.
- Once you’ve found those buttons, hold your current remote control up close, just an inch or two away.
- Press the HomeLink button you’d like to program at the same time that you press the remote control transmitter.
- Hold both buttons down until the HomeLink indicator starts to flash.
- If it flashes slowly for a moment and then turns solid, you’re good to go.
- If it flashes slowly and then starts flashing more quickly, press the HomeLink button twice, and then proceed to the next set of steps!
When the Homelink indicator light flashes rapidly continuously, that means you have a rolling code system, which means you’ll want to follow these additional steps for programming your garage door:
A rapid flash indicates that your controller uses a rolling code system. Here’s what you need to do to finish the job:
- Approach your garage and locate the controls.
- There will either be a “Learn” or a “Smart” button next to the hanging antenna wire.
- Once you press this button, you’ll have 30 seconds to complete the next step, so get prepared to move quickly!
- Press “Learn” or “Smart” one time, and then return to your vehicle. Press the HomeLink control button three times fast to complete activation.
For more information on connecting your other home systems to the HomeLink control panel, contact us online today or reach out by phone.
Learn More at Chevrolet Of Turnersville
Chevrolet Of Turnersville is ready to handle just about any problem or set-up process. If you need assistance, know that we’re easy to reach from anywhere near Cherry Hill, and that our service center is always happy to help. Check out our other service tips and tricks if you’re ready to take on another task at home.